Role: Financial Controller
Salary: £36-40k plus excellent benefits
ITSS Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a business based within the Education sector who are looking to hire an experienced Financial Controller to manage the finance team.
To manage the Financial Operations team in providing an efficient, accurate, and high quality financial support service to the business throughout the year, covering the following areas:
– Purchase Ledger
– Sales Ledger
– Cash & Banking
– Trips and visits financial administration.
Maintaining and getting the best out of the business's financial system (Open Accounts).
Overseeing month-end processes and being a key player in the production of the annual statement of accounts, including liaising with External Audit.
Assist the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, in more strategic aspects of financial and risk management.
– Play a key leadership role within the Finance Team, assisting the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer in providing an excellent, customer-focused finance service, which supports the business to achieve its strategic aims and ambitions.
– Ensure the ongoing development of the Financial Operations team, and be responsible for motivating and encouraging their development through effective performance reviews and personal development plans.
– Manage the workload of Finance Operations team, ensuring all tasks are completed in a seamless, timely and accurate fashion.
– Contribute to the production of the monthly management accounts and quarterly forecast, ensuring that accurate and detailed monitoring mechanisms are in place for balance sheet forecasting and variance analysis, so that movements and variances can be highlighted and explained at an early stage, to enable appropriate action to be taken.
– Lead on the preparation of the business's statutory financial statements and working papers, including being a key point of contact with External Audit throughout the entire year-end process.
– Oversee the preparation and completion of various period-end balance sheet reconciliations and month-end journals (including purchase order, utility and late invoice accruals).
– Oversee monthly ledger closure routines within the timescales set by the month end timetable, including ledger reconciliations.
– Monitor aged creditors, open purchase orders, and aged debtors, on a regular basis, ensuring that all balances are relevant and correct.
– Ensure that virements are appropriately approved and completed and that expenditure is coded correctly.
– Act as a main point of contact for treasury management and banking arrangements, and provide regular updates to senior colleagues on the business's cash position.
– Responsibility for the purchase ordering portal (EBIS), and financial system (Open Accounts), including any testing and implementing of new procedures on these systems, as and when required.
– Act as systems administrator for the finance system. Ensure that staff have appropriate access and training to use the financial systems. This includes maintenance of user accounts, and access rights to ledger codes and reports in the system, in accordance with the coding structure.
– Maintain a chart of accounts and code hierarchy with associated description fields to enable reports to be run from the system, providing useful management information in various tables and formats.
– Act as a point of contact with the auditors with regard to any income, cash and banking, purchasing, or payroll queries.
– Oversee the monthly payroll process and act as a key point of contact with the business's contracted outsourced payroll administration provider.
– Oversee and contribute to the management of and production of the business's tax (incl. VAT), NI and pension liability returns.
If you feel the above specification matches your background, click apply
Role: Sales Advisor Location: Oldham, OL9 Salary: £21,000 Contract: Temp – Perm, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm A growing...Apply For This Job
Title: Senior Payroll Practitioner Salary: £26K – £28k Location: Manchester A new opportunity has arisen for an Experience Payroll Administrator...Apply For This Job
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data & Reporting Analyst to be based in Manchester City Centre with some...Apply For This Job
Credit Controller Oldham CharityClient Details An established charity requires a Credit Controller to join the business during this exciting growth...Apply For This Job
Badenoch + Clark are looking to recruit a Payroll Advisor for a 6-12 month contract for one of our clients...Apply For This Job
Do you want to work for a well known professional services business that is going from strength to strength? Our...Apply For This Job