An amazing opportunity for an Import Merchandiser to join an established well known retailer. Responsible for day to day liaison with the supply base to ensure timely delivery of goods to agreed delivery schedules and ensure accurate cost confirmation of finished goods.
* Maintaining delivery schedules with supplier in liaison with the buyer.
* Controlling production critical path in liaison with technical teams – having regular weekly meetings in season.
* Raising official purchase orders to suppliers and obtaining official order confirmations.
* Controlling direct shipment invoicing and liaising with export customers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of orders.
* Maintenance of BOM’s for CMT styles on seasonal basis to ensure accurate fabric usage records for finished goods.
* To maintain accurate information on internal database e.g., Seasonal cost / selling prices.
* Control transfer of style code / colour details on seasonal basis to ERP system.
* Seasonal delivery information.
* Barcode set up and approval.
* Supplier information sheet.
* Tariff codes and duty rates.
* Ensuring sales, purchase Ledger Clerk and customers are kept up to date with latest delivery information.
* Liaising with freight forwarder seasonally to ensure timely and cost effect loading of goods .
* Responsible for ordering, delivery and co-ordination of timely issue of seasonal salesman samples.
* Responsible for seasonal fabric stock checks with suppliers.
* Checking shipment documentation is received in a timely manner and is correct against order and customs procedures.
* Checking invoices received from suppliers are correct to goods received and costings are correct.
* Ensure timely supply of sundry items to factories e.g., swing tickets, barcodes, trims, fabrics etc where appropriate.
* To ensure all ISO procedures associated with this job are done in line with documentation and any changes are managed according to ISO and FWF requirements.
* Running weekly order status reports
* Reporting at monthly brand meetings, performance of suppliers and shipment details
* To carry out other job related duties that may be requested from time to time by the Buyer or Commercial Director.
* To take responsibility for contributing to own training and development.
A minimum Of 2 years experience in a similar role is essential.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Understanding of clothing supply chain an advantage.
Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Strong eye for detail and strives for a high level of accuracy.
Computer literate (MS Office, in particular Excel and Word).
Good organisational and communication skills.
Ability to multi task and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure.
Work well independently and as part of a team.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis
UX Researcher Manchester-based – 1 or 2 days now and again Salary – up to £45k I’m working with one...Apply For This Job
Page Personnel HR are working on an exciting recruitment opportunity within a very successful, Manchester-based company. They are seeking an...Apply For This Job
In this current market my client are in a growing tech industry and are looking to add a new Interim...Apply For This Job
Retail / Warehouse Stock Counter Assistant Salary: £8.95 per hour Location: Bolton The Company * We are a leading provider...Apply For This Job
This growing company that specialises in importing homewares and electrical products to the retail sector are seeking an experienced Quality...Apply For This Job