ROLE: Lead Estimator – (Civils and Rail Essential)
Our client are a market leadiing manufucturer and provider of superstructures within the Railway environment and highways sectors. They are an award-winning, multidisciplinary, civil engineering company with an excellent reputation of OLE projects across the UK.
• You must be fully conversant with the latest British Standards and be able to produce cohesive bills of quantities (BOQ) drawings, sketches to allow costs to be established and material to be ordered.
• Be able to estimate design costs, drawing time and assist input into production programmes to ensure capacity availability and confirm deadlines can be met.
• Be able to laise, work and mentor other estimators within the business to produce compliant bids and secure contracts across all business sectors, including piling, civils and building works
• Fully understand and organise estimates based on full design-build bids, estimate costs associated with labour, equipment and materials.
• Analyse structural steel drawings and specifications.
• Produce high quality written submissions in a timely manner.
• Prepare “take off” materials included in projects.
• Liaise with bidding teams on accurate estimates for upcoming projects and potential estimations for any changes within work bank scope.
• Analyse and report on any potential risk within bid documents.
• Consult senior management team on current steel trends and pricing
• Communicate with all contractors regarding change of orders or project requirements
• Negotiate effectively with contractors and subcontractors.
• Handle all tender queries both internally and externally.
Skills and Expertise
• Experienced working with and managing civils, design and rail estimating.
• Career based experience through railway infrastructure projects.
• Experience of working on multidisciplinary rail projects.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite including use Excel to record and extract information.
• Extensive steel and civil estimating experience and will be verse in steel fabrication principles.
• Ability to plan schedule and programme several estimations concurrently.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and commercial skills.
• Thorough understanding of Civil Engineering
Are you an experienced Interface Project Manager with experience in Asset Protection on Rail projects? Are you looking for your...Apply For This Job
My client is currently recruiting for a Plumber on a static basis based in the Salford area. This role will...Apply For This Job
DC1/20465 Recruitment Consultant Bolton £20,000 – £25,000 + Uncapped Commission Summary: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to...Apply For This Job
We are currently looking for a Telehandler to start work on our clients busy site in Wythenshawe asap for 4...Apply For This Job
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives...Apply For This Job