We have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial Team. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement of sub-contractors, preparation and submission of external applications for payment, agreement of Client variations, valuation and agreement of sub-contractor accounts. You will also assist with the preparation of CVR reports, and the submission of monthly profit and loss reports.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Management of sub-contractor procurement.
· Attend sub-contractor Pre-Contract meetings.
· Preparation of formal sub-contract Agreements.
· Management of legal issues and disputes.
· Management of important commercial issues.
· Management of sub-contractor interim accounts.
· Agreement of sub-contractor final accounts.
· Submission of monthly CVR reports.
· Submission of monthly Profit and Loss reports.
· Presentation of Commercial and Post-Contract Reviews.
· Management of external Applications for Payment.
· Agreement of Client final accounts.
· Supervision and training of junior members of staff.
· Conducting staff appraisals.
· Attend internal team meetings.
· Attend Client and Design meetings as required.
· Convene and attend sub-contractor meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will have extensive industry experience in a similar senior role working across all sectors for a similar sized main contractor and have a BSc Quantity Surveying qualification or equivalent. You will ideally a member of RICS or relevant professional body, but not essential and hold a current CSCS card (Management or Professional). It is essential that you have outstanding technical knowledge on construction operations and have the ability to deal with major and complex issues with ease. You will be commercially astute, methodical and have a desire to deliver results. It goes without saying you will have excellent communication skills and are confident in using communication to negotiate and influence at all levels
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.
The Project Manager will be responsible for a refurbishment scheme for a flagship social housing contract, encompassing multiple kitchen/bathroom upgrades...Apply For This Job
Bid Manager South Manchester £45,000 – £55,000 + Package Our client is a successful management and property consultancy with offices...Apply For This Job
Our client a leading building contractor based in the Manchester area are looking for a multi skilled operative Duties will...Apply For This Job
DB Recruitment is recruiting for experienced Project Managers candidates to work on Retail & Hotel Projects within the North West...Apply For This Job
Are you bored of working on frameworks? Would you like to join an independent consultancy? If you're already working at...Apply For This Job